Monday, October 1, 2007

The Itch and the Bitches

I got a bad case of poison ivy a couple weeks ago and had to take a shot and start an 18-day STEROID treatment regime. About the end of the first week, I couldn't sleep but 3 hours a night, and I was hungry all the time! I was edgy, irritable, and was climbing the walls with nervous energy.

I called my doctor on day 10 of the torture, and he said,
"Well, son, those are known side-effects of prednisone, so take 2 tablets today and one tomorrow to taper down, and then you may return to normal in a couple days. Oh, and take 50 mg of benadryl to knock you out so you can sleep."

WOOOWEEE! Known side-effects that make you a ZOMBIE! And BITCHY TOO!

It took another 4 days before I felt RELATIVELY normal, but still tired.

The moral of the story:
Now I know why Barry Bonds acts like he does! :>)

No comments: