Friday, November 14, 2008

Daily Devotional by Max Lucado, Nov 14th

Daily Devotional by Max Lucado

�the One who came still comes and the One who spoke still speaks�

 

November 14

Don�t Be Troubled

 

The person who trusts the LORD will be blessed.

Jeremiah 17:7 (NCV)

 

Just prior to his crucifixion, [Jesus] told his disciples that he would be leaving them. "Where I am going you cannot follow now, but you will follow later" (John 13:36).

Such a statement was bound to stir some questions. Peter spoke for the others and asked, "Lord, why can't I follow you now?" (v. 37).

See if Jesus' reply doesn't reflect the tenderness of a parent to a child: "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father's house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you....I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am going" (John 14:1-3).

Reduce the paragraph to a sentence and it might read: "You do the trusting and I'll do the taking."

 

 

From: When Christ Comes

Copyright (Word Publishing, 1999)
Max Lucado

No comments: