Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Life Story - 'til Now!

This is mainly for my Petersburg Elementary school friends, most of whom I have not seen since 1959.

But, it does give more background to my other friends.

This was written in July, 2008.
------------------------------------------------------
This is a blast from the past. I attended Petersburg schools from 1955-1959 and was your classmate. I'm retired now, so I am trying to catch up with all of you, and others from the class. My cousin, Tom Gregory, still farms the Gregory and Hegi land in Petersburg. I have very fond memories of my days in Petersburg, and of a simpler and kinder time and way of life.

I now live in Little Elm, Texas, between Denton and Frisco, but lived in Plano for 32 years. I graduated from Pilot Point High School, the University of Texas in Arlington, and went to grad school at A&M. In high school, I was in the band and played baseball and basketball. I was an IT professional for 33 years and worked for Mobil Oil (met Janet in Dallas 1 time!), Texas Instruments, and Computer Science Corporation. At CSC, my last stop, I was a travelling SAP consultant for 8 years.

My parents, Paul and Rose Elaine (Gregory/Hegi), are still living and are 85 and 80. Mom was just admitted to an Alzheimer's care facility, and Dad lives on a small farm outside Collinsville, Texas near Sherman. My sister, Linda Ellen, was a member of the Class of '67, and now is retired and living in Austin. My wife, Linda Carol Lintner, is from Dallas, and graduated from Kimball High School and SMU. I have 2 daughters, Tracie (sound familiar?), almost 30, a Worship and Music minister at Willow Meadows Baptist Church in southwest Houston, and Jeni, 28, a Placement director of a firm placing and mentoring handicapped people in jobs in North Texas. She lives in Providence Village on US 380 south of Aubrey, Texas and is married to Ryan Fobart, formerly of Snellville, Georgia. Both daughters attended Baylor, and my money also went there! Ryan and Jeni met at Baylor. Go Bears!

After I retired, Linda Carol and I built a new house on Lake Lewisville in Lakewood Village. I have a summer job this year and am an usher for the Frisco RoughRiders minor league baseball farm team of the Texas Rangers. I also sing in the First Baptist Church, Plano choir, go on mission trips, and am a Gideon. Plus I have lunch with my friends in Plano and other places, attend high school football and basketball games (Plano East!), and attend the boys state basketball tournamet each year in Austin.

Recent family pictures are on the web at: http://picasaweb.google.com/paulw.gray and you can check my blog (address below) for humor and other items. I'm also interested in politics, but you'll have to ask to find out about that!!!

Please drop me a line; I'm interested to see what path you guys took to where you are today.

Vicki told me that Petersburg Day is the first Saturday in August. Is anyone planning to go this year? I'd sure like to meet up, either there or in the Dallas area!

Best wishes,
Paul

No comments: